Future of 3D printing
User: Steve – Do-It Yourselfer
Task: Print trim from printer for home improvement project
1. Steve is thinking about a new home improvement project.
2. He takes a photograph of the existing trim in another room.
3. He sends the image to the workshop printer.
4. The printer begins printing the trim.
5. Steve has installed the trim and is ready for the next project.
1. Kate is looking at the missing knobs on an antique dresser.
2. She selects an antique knob from a website.
3. She sends the image to the workshop printer.
4. The device analyzes the image and initiates printing.
5. Kate is able to put the finishing touches on her antique dresser.
1. Ada is riding her skateboard.
2. She stops to think about trying new tricks.
3. She asks her Dad if he could build something for her to skate on.
4. Dad finds a picture of a grind rail on his phone.
5. The image is sent to the workshop printer.
6. The machine begins printing the life-sized grind rail.
7. After a few moments, Ada is practicing grinds.